“Unite Rank and File: solidarity across the union” is an unofficial network of Unite members which aims to:
- Build solidarity
- Encourage resistance and make our union do more to encourage it
- Put activists in touch with each other, share information and ideas
- Champion independent workers’ organisation and challenge the toxic “in partnership with management” culture so widespread in Unite
- Supporting the development of rank and file networks and campaigning initiatives throughout our union
- Campaign to reform and reinvigorate Unite’s democratic structures to promote a bottom-up culture where members participate, challenge discrimination and are in control
- Campaign to change Unite policies e.g. against Trident and for workers’ rights to move freely and be treated equally
We are not seeking to create yet another electoral faction within Unite and welcome your participation irrespective of your views on internal elections or whether or not you are affiliated with any of the electoral groupings such as United Left.
Please leave your details if you want to get involved. As well as our web site www.uniterankandfile.org you can also follow us on Twitter @UniteRankNFile and like our Facebook page @UniteRankAndFile.